Spotlight On - Portia Freeman
SPOTLIGHT ON for July features Portia Freeman; Model, muse and mum of two. She lives in North London with her fiancé Pete Denton (The Kooks’ bassist) and their boys and writes about their adventures over on her blog Platforms & Pushchairs.
We talk fashion, family and fun, and why her Silver Elwood and matching Mini are her go-to accessories...
Has to be my first job when I was 15 for British Vogue with Mario Testino, I had no idea how huge it was back then! Walking my first couture show for Chanel at the same age was pretty mega! Then there was shooting with legendary photographers Steven Meisel, Tim Walker, Ellen Von Unworth, Steven Klein, Rankin... I can't wait to show my boys all of the shoots I did before having them. Then when Dylan was 1 we shot Vogue Italia together. That was pretty special. Shooting a Red magazine Christmas special with my boyf, Dylan and Rudy was pretty spesh too! I honestly feel like my ultimate highlights are yet to come.
About my blog
I started Platforms & Pushchairs with the idea in mind to share how I live my life as a model, mother to two boys and wifey (to be) to my musician boyfriend who tours the world. It can sound glamourous to some and sometimes it is but there are the other times when it can be hard work which is what I like to discuss. I have a wide variety of posts ranging from planning my wedding to 'boob jobs', to taking my children to festivals to watch their dad play. I like to talk about everyday issues that we're all likely to encounter.
Tips on juggling life
- Date nights are definitely one of the most important ingredients to mine and Pete's relationship. He goes away a lot and us as couple when he's home has to be a priority.
• Not taking things too seriously, there's always tomorrow!
• What I drum into Dylan and when Rudy understands he'll hear the same : Always treat people how you want to be treated yourself and that beauty only comes from the inside. This is my mantra. Has been since my mum told me the same when I was little!
• Not to stress about what others think. Life is too short. If it's meant to be it'll be.
• A glass of wine before the children go to bed is totally acceptable!
• Make sure you have an understanding team who work with you!
Fave items of clothing
• My Levi's dungarees
• All of the heels I own
• My skinny black J Brand jeans
• My gold framed Ray Bans
• Of course, my Tiba + Marl bags